Over 3,500 Does Targeted by Dallas Buyers Club
With the addition of 10 cases filed this week, the total number of John Does sued by Dallas Buyers Club has surpassed 3,500. Individuals in Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin have been targeted for allegedly downloading this Academy Award winning film.
More than 2,000 (57%) of the targeted individuals reside in the Northern District of Illinois. The remaining 43% of the cases have been filed in 10 different states.
These latest cases are a clear indication that this company is not slowing down. They continue to target areas in which they have been active for months, while also filing cases in new jurisdictions.
1:14-cv-07032 Does 1-33
1:14-cv-07033 Does 1-34
1:14-cv-07035 Does 1-45
1:14-cv-07038 Does 1-43
1:14-cv-07040 Does 1-46
1:14-cv-07044 Does 1-56
1:14-cv-07049 Does 1-14
1:14-cv-07051 Does 1-20
1:14-cv-07052 Does 1-19
2:14-cv-01402 Does 1-10
Like each previous federal lawsuit filed by Dallas Buyers Club LLC, the company alleges these as-yet anonymous Doe defendants illegally downloaded the movie Dallas Buyers Club using BitTorrent or similar peer-to-peer file-sharing programs without paying the appropriate license fee.
If you receive a letter from your ISP notifying you it received a subpoena to reveal your identity relating to a Dallas Buyers Club LLC lawsuit, read our prior post Dallas Buyers Club lawsuits – How to Respond to an ISP Letter
It is not a good idea to download the Dallas Buyers Club movie using BitTorrent or similar software, especially in states where Dallas Buyers Club LLC is actively suing. If you are a parent make sure your children are not doing this; if you have roommates make sure your roommates are not doing this, as being a target of a federal lawsuit like this over a movie download is not fun, not fair, and is avoidable.
Attorney Jeffrey Antonelli is admitted to all federal courts of Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado, the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the federal trial bar of the Northern District of Illinois, and can represent clients in any federal court. Call Antonelli Law at 312-201-8310 and speak with one of our attorneys experienced with BitTorrent copyright litigation, visit our web page on Dallas Buyers Club LLC lawsuits, or use the contact form below to request a convenient time to have a detailed free initial consultation about each of your options.
Antonelli Law has helped more than100 clients who already faced being targeted in a Dallas Buyers Club LLC lawsuit and can help you, too.
To have an attorney at Antonelli Law contact for you a free, in depth initial consultation fill out the contact form below. You will receive a reply within 24 hours