Strike 3 Holdings, LLC has been filing copyright infringement lawsuits for years alleging that defendants have illegally downloaded their adult films without the proper licensing fees using file-sharing software such as BitTorrent.
Recently, Strike 3 Holdings has filed numerous cases in Florida, specifically in Miami-Dade County using “Pure Bill of Discovery”, affecting hundreds of defendants. Case numbers are listed below:
The problem with these Strike 3 Holdings filings in Florida
- Copyright infringement cases, such as this, are a federal matter. These cases have been filed in state court, which is not only an issue of jurisdiction but what we consider improper filing.
- Defendants living outside of the state of Florida have no contact with Florida related to their alleged copyright infringement and there is no personal jurisdiction.
- These subpoenas were issued as if internet service providers (ISP) are defendants which is an improper use of Florida’s pure bill of discovery.
Antonelli Law represents Strike 3 Holdings clients nationwide and is ready to discuss your case today.
Want to talk to Antonelli Law and discuss your specific case? Call 312-201-8310 or click here.
What to do if you are being sued by Strike 3 Holdings
Your first notice of the lawsuit will likely be a notice from your internet service provider (ISP) and a subpoena from Strike 3 Holdings. These cases are extremely time-sensitive and your ability to remain anonymous goes down tremendously the longer you wait to act.
Your best course of action is to speak to an experienced copyright infringement attorney about your specific case to see what your options are.
You typically have 3 options when you’re being sued:
- Settle anonymously– As these cases are time-sensitive, the quicker you act the more likely you are to remain anonymous.
- File a motion to quash– Many of our clients being sued out of Florida have chosen this option. These cases have been referred to as “copyright trolling” and many believe it is an improper use to Florida law. We can discuss your specific case to see if this is a good option for you.
- Fight in court– If you choose to fight in court, we will guide you through the entire process and fight for you until your case is resolved.
Call Antonelli Law today at 312-201-8310, or reach out online, to discuss your Strike 3 Holdings case and to learn more about the options available to resolve your case.