March 22: Strike 3 Holdings LLC filed 13 new cases and its first ever cases in Minnesota.
Strike 3 Holdings LLC has filed federal copyright infringement lawsuits alleging illegal downloads of the movie titles produced by Blacked, Tushy, and Vixen. These are the first cases to be filed in Minnesota by Strike 3 Holdings LLC.
At this point in the litigation, the Internet users defendants are anonymous, identified only as John Doe.
They will remain known as John Doe on the public court docket until their Internet company releases their names and addresses to the movie company’s attorneys. Before that release happens, Internet subscribers will receive a letter notifying them that they are being targeted in the copyright infringement lawsuits.
We’ve helped nearly 2,000 clients across the US resolve their cases and will help you through this.
Call our office at 312-201-8310 for a free, confidential consultation.
Our Strike 3 Holdings Subpoena Most Frequently Asked Questions:
Why have I received this?
The ISP letter and Strike 3 Holdings LLC subpoena probably relate to a federal copyright infringement lawsuit alleging that someone using your IP address illegally downloaded titles produced by Blacked, Tushy, and Vixen using file-sharing software such as BitTorrent.
If you’re looking for more information on privacy and ISP subpoenas check out this New York Times article.
Is it real?
Yes, and ignoring the subpoena will reduce your options to fight it. Typically you only have two weeks to a month to file a motion to quash or vacate the subpoena.
Can I get out of it?
Once you’ve received a subpoena, there are three options available:
- Resolve anonymously
- File a motion to quash before it gets to court
- Prepare to fight it in court. We are experienced litigators who fight back vigorously.
What do I do now?
- The best thing to do is to speak with an experienced ISP Subpoena Defense Lawyer. This is a swiftly changing area of law and we continually follow the latest developments. We understand the technology so are able to better defend you; our last complex trial involved computer firewalls, sophisticated commercial networks, and a Microsoft certified expert.
- Don’t sign anything
- Don’t try to delete anything – this could make penalties worse
- Decide how you want to handle it
Want to know more about Strike 3 Holdings and your subpoena?
Click here to read an entire page dedicated to information and updates regarding Strike 3 Holdings ISP subpoenas.