MALIBU MEDIA LLC is alleging Texas residents have downloaded their content without the appropriate licensing fees.
This is a blog dedicated to updates on copyright infringement cases. We’ve represented nearly 2,000 clients across the US and are America’s most experienced BT copyright defense firm; we can represent you in your case against Malibu Media. For more information about handling your subpoena visit our main website’s Malibu Media page.
MALIBU MEDIA LLC is a company that produces adult films for the website x-art.com.
MALIBU MEDIA in TEXAS
Malibu Media is filing lawsuits against Texas defendants which allege the illegal download of their adult films, typically through BitTorrent file-sharing software. If you’ve received a subpoena from your ISP with a notification about a Malibu Media copyright infringement lawsuit, it most likely means someone used your IP address to download content illegally. The company is requesting your personal details from your ISP. Typically, once you have received this notice, you will have 30 days or less after receiving the notification to determine how you want to handle the lawsuit.
Antonelli Law represents clients throughout the United States and can help you with your Texas case against Malibu Media.
The best thing to do is to speak with an experienced ISP subpoena defense firm like Antonelli Law. This is a fast-changing area of law, and we continually follow the latest developments.
- Don’t sign anything
- Don’t try to delete anything – this could make penalties worse
- Decide your next steps
Resolving Your MALIBU MEDIA LLC Copyright Infringement Case
What Should You Do Now?
You have three choices in deciding how you want to handle your case:
- You can fight it.
Sometimes it’s a case of mistaken identity. Perhaps you feel someone outside the home or office used the defendant’s IP address without their knowledge. Whatever may have happened, if you do not believe you should have received this subpoena, you can decide to fight Malibu Media in court.
Antonelli Law will fight back vigorously on your behalf.
- You can file a motion to quash before it gets to court. Contact us to discuss if this is the right course for you.
- You can anonymously settle the case.
Anonymously settling through Antonelli Law ensures that:
- All claims up through the settlement date (whether they are known or unknown) are covered. This means that you cannot be sued again by the same company for any additional alleged download activity that occurred before the settlement date.
- You as a ‘Subscriber’ are released, not just your IP address. Meaning you are still covered if multiple IP addresses were used in any downloading activity.
- Our fee is flat rate, and we negotiate the best settlement possible on your behalf. We have successfully negotiated numerous anonymous settlements that were lower than the original amount demanded by the movie company.
Contact us today and schedule your free consultation or visit our MALIBU MEDIA LLC page for more information.
Want to learn more about Jeffrey Antonelli? Read his reviews
District Court of Texas Cases: Malibu Media LLC v. Doe