Malibu Media LLC is aggressively filing copyright infringement lawsuits and if this affects you, you need an experienced BT copyright defense firm.
Malibu Media LLC is a company that produces adult pornographic films for the website x-art.com. Malibu Media has filed more than 500 federal copyright infringement lawsuits, in 2017 alone and in the first quarter of 2018, the filed 3 times more copyright infringement lawsuits than the monthly average for 2017. According to The New Yorker, they are the biggest filer of copyright lawsuits.
Malibu Media is alleging illegal downloads of their adult content from x-art.com. Your subpoena or summons most likely came in the form of a letter from your internet service provider like Verizon, AT&T or Cox.
What Do I Do Now that I’ve Received a Subpoena or Summons from Malibu Media LLC?
- Don’t Panic! Don’t sign or try to delete anything, as this could only make matters worse. If you receive a subpoena or summons from Malibu Media LLC it is important to remain calm and evaluate your options, such as resolving, filing a motion to quash or prepare to fight it in court.
- Don’t Ignore It: If you ignore it, you will only limit your options.
- Contact an ISP Subpoena Defense Lawyer: The best thing to do is find an experienced ISP subpoena defense lawyer, as the area of law changes swiftly, they will be the best equip to help you.
Three Things You Can Do After Receiving a Subpoena from Malibu Media:
- Anonymously resolve it.
- Before it gets to court, file a motion to quash.
- Prepare to fight it in court, with one of our experienced and tenacious ISP subpoena defense attorneys.
How Much Will This Cost?
- Flat Fee: We offer a reasonable flat fee for cases settled out of court, either anonymously or by filing a motion to quash.
- Hourly Fee: If you chose to fight it in court, we can explain next steps and costs based on an hourly fee, during a free consultation.