Malibu Media produces adult movies for the website x-art.com, and is one of the leading sources of copyright lawsuits, filing more than 500 in 2017 alone. New data shows that the first quarter of 2018 they filed three times more than the monthly average for 2017. Click here to read more about the rapid pace of lawsuits from Malibu Media.
Malibu Media is aggressively filing federal copyright infringement lawsuits.
This lawsuit alleges that certain IP addresses have illegally downloaded or streamed pornographic adult films from x-art.com without paying appropriate licensing fees. Your first notice of the lawsuit will probably be a letter from your internet service provider (ISP) like Comcast, Cox, Verizon or AT&T, and a subpoena from Malibu Media.
The Malibu Media lawsuit is one of many “free movie” download cases we see, which are sometimes called “copyright troll” lawsuits or BitTorrent lawsuits. BitTorrent is a common software people use to illegally obtain movies online.
You received a Malibu Media subpoena- what are your options?
You have three options available once you’ve received a subpoena from Malibu Media:
- Resolve it anonymously
- File a motion to quash before it gets to court
- Prepare to fight it in court. We are experienced litigators who fight back vigorously.
The longer you wait, the fewer options you’ll have.
Antonelli Law is here to discuss your specific case and help you make the right decision in how to handle it.
A Malibu Media Subpoena and what’s next:
- The best thing to do is to speak with an experienced ISP Subpoena Defense Lawyer. This is a swiftly changing area of law and we continually follow the latest developments. We understand the technology so are able to better defend you; our last complex trial involved computer firewalls, sophisticated commercial networks, and a Microsoft certified expert.
- Don’t sign anything
- Don’t try to delete anything – this could make penalties worse
- Decide how you want to handle it
Having represented nearly 2,000 cases across the country, Antonelli Law is America’s most experienced BT copyright defense firm. Don’t panic, we will help you resolve this.
We work nationwide- call us today for a free, confidential consultation: 312-201-8310
We’ve created a continuously updated page dedicated to informing you on your case and your options- for more information on Malibu Media subpoenas, click here.