Have you recently received a Strike 3 Holdings Subpoena? Antonelli Law can help you decide what to do.
Strike 3 Holdings lawsuits have been increasing in recent years. In late April 2018 they filed 12 lawsuits against individuals in and around the Sacramento region (as reported by The Sacramento Bee). Strike 3 Holdings has filed nearly a thousand of cases across the country.
What to do after receiving a subpoena from Strike 3 Holdings:
- Don’t sign anything: This could limit your potential options.
- Don’t try to delete anything: This can do more harm than good.
- Don’t panic: Try and remain calm and think about your next steps.
- Find an expert: Contact a law firm that specializes in copyright infringement lawsuits for advice on your case.
If you’ve received a subpoena Strike 3 Holdings, here are your options:
- File a motion to suppress before the subpoena goes to court: Filing a motion to quash a Strike 3 Holdings subpoena is a way to try and persuade the judge that there is not sufficient evidence for the case. However, in the past, almost all BitTorrent copyright infringement cases that filed a motion to quash the subpoena ended up working against them as the plaintiff has the ability to refile the lawsuit.
Filing a motion to quash depends on the specific situation, and individuals who plan to file should do so within two weeks of receiving their Strike 3 Holdings subpoena.
- Settle the Strike 3 lawsuit anonymously: Defendants have the option to resolve their subpoena out of court. Many do this to keep their identity anonymous which is possible because the Strike 3 Holdings subpoena will have the defendant listed as ‘John Doe’ until the court orders the ISP to provide a name and address attached to an IP address. This means the defendant’s name is anonymous on the public docket. If the individual would like to resolve out of court they will need to do so quickly after receiving the subpoena.
- Fight the Strike 3 Holdings subpoena in court: Antonelli Law is here to help you fight and defend yourself in a copyright infringement lawsuit with our experienced ISP subpoena defense attorneys. In order to have a successful outcome it is crucial to choose an experienced litigator for handling your Strike 3 Holdings subpoena. This area of law is constantly changing, and our specialist attorneys stay up to date on the intricacies and complexities involved in defending this type of lawsuit.
The longer you wait, the more limited your choices become. If you need an ISP subpoena defense attorney for your subpoena from Strike 3 Holdings, then contact Antonelli law today: 312-201-8310