This is a blog dedicated to updates on copyright infringement cases. We have handled more than 1,000 Malibu Media cases over the past eight years, helping each client figure out the best option for their individual situation. We can represent you in your case against Malibu Media. For more information about your subpoena visit our main website’s Malibu Media page.
Malibu Media LLC is a company that creates adult films and distributes them through the website x-art.com. They are suing thousands of people across the US for allegedly downloading their adult content without the correct licensing.
If you’ve received a subpoena, Malibu Media LLC is alleging you illegally downloaded their adult films, most likely using file-sharing software such as BitTorrent.
They are suing you for copyright infringement.
This can be a very scary and confusing time. Most of the people that contact us for a consultation have never been sued before, so it’s pretty daunting to receive notice of a potential lawsuit in a federal court from a company accusing you of illegally downloading their content. As they publish the adult films under x-art.com, it’s likely that you may have never even heard of Malibu Media before.
Maybe you did it, maybe you didn’t, but now you need to decide how you want to move forward with your Malibu Media lawsuit.
- First, don’t sign anything without getting legal representation.
- Second, don’t delete or hide anything. Doing so could make penalties worse.
Once you’ve received the Malibu Media LLC notice from your internet provider, such as Charter, Comcast, or Verizon, you typically have around 30 days to decide how you want to handle the lawsuit.
If you wait longer than that, or decide to ignore Malibu Media, your options for handling the case may be substantially reduced.
What are my options for dealing with a Malibu Media lawsuit?
- You can settle.
- If you get an attorney experienced in this type of law, they can also help you settle anonymously and protect you from future lawsuits for any supposed download activity that occurred prior to the settlement.
- You can file a motion to quash.
- This is a good option under select circumstances and should always be discussed with an attorney
- You can fight back in court.
- We are experienced litigators with a strong background in this type of lawsuit and will fight back aggressively on your behalf.
If you’ve received a notice from your internet provider with a copy of a subpoena from Malibu Media LLC, contact us for a free consultation.
We will walk you through what to expect and help you feel more knowledgeable and in control of the situation.
Contact us today to set up your consultation or call us: 312-201-8310