Malibu Media has filed hundreds of copyright infringement lawsuits so far this year.
This is a blog dedicated to updates on copyright infringement cases. We’ve represented nearly 2,000 clients across the US and are America’s most experienced BT copyright defense firm; we can represent you in your case against Malibu Media. For more information about handling your subpoena visit our main website’s Malibu Media page.
In August 2018, Malibu Media filed new lawsuits in seven states. Was your state one of them?
- Connecticut: 6
- Illinois: 12
- Maryland: 10
- Michigan 32
- New Jersey: 17
- Pennsylvania: 4
- Virginia: 7
According to Big Law Business, Malibu Media is a top filer of copyright infringement complaints.
Malibu Media LLC Subpoena: How will I be notified?
Your first notice of the lawsuit will probably be a notification letter from your internet service provider (ISP) and a subpoena from Malibu Media alleging that your IP address was used to download content online without the appropriate licensing fees probably using file-sharing software such as BitTorrent.
Step 1: Discuss your options with a copyright infringement attorney
You have three choices in deciding how you want to handle your case:
- You can file a motion to quash before it goes to court- this only works in certain limited circumstances. Contact us to discuss if this is the right option for you.
- You can fight it.
It may be a case of mistaken identity. Perhaps someone outside the home or office used the defendant’s IP address without their knowledge. Whatever may have happened, if you do not believe you should have received this subpoena, you can decide to fight in court.
Antonelli Law will fight back vigorously on your behalf.
- You can anonymously settle the case. Anonymously settling through Antonelli Law ensures that:
- All claims up through the settlement date (whether they are known or unknown) are covered. This means that you cannot be sued again by the same company for any additional alleged download activity that occurred before the settlement date.
- You as a ‘Subscriber’ are released, not just your IP address. Meaning you are still covered if multiple IP addresses were used in any downloading activity.
- Our fee is flat rate, and we negotiate the best settlement possible on your behalf. We have successfully negotiated numerous anonymous settlements that were lower than the original amount demanded by the movie company.
Why Antonelli Law is the best choice for your Malibu Media LLC lawsuit
No matter how you decide to handle your Malibu Media LLC copyright infringement case, it is important to speak with an ISP Subpoena Defense specialist about your case. Antonelli Law will discuss all your options and help you decide the best course of action for your specific case.
Top Flight Legal Advice and Representation
“Jeff Antonelli and his firm was very helpful and empathetic with my situation. He provided me with options, then devised a plan fitting my specific needs of my case. He’s honest, knowledgeable, and after the first consultation, calmed my fears and panic. The man and his firm know what they are talking about. He was able to represent me, and I live out of state. My case was dealt promptly and accurately. For anyone who is in need of an Attorney for a case in the field(s) Jeff Antonelli specializes in, don’t hesitate, hire this man!”
This is a swiftly changing area of law, and Antonelli Law continually follows the latest developments. We understand the technology involved and so are able to better defend you; our last complex trial involved computer firewalls, sophisticated commercial networks, and a Microsoft certified expert.
Our consultations are free, and we work nationwide.